A Gift to America
If you are passionate about American history, you can make a lasting impact at the nation’s history museum through a planned gift, such as a gift in your will. Our expert staff members are available to assist you in crafting a planned gift that maximizes your philanthropic impact while providing benefits to you in your lifetime.
When you commit to a planned gift, you are invited to the Smithsonian Legacy Society and the National Museum of American History’s Star-Spangled Banner Society. You will be among the first to learn about new exhibitions, programs, and events at the Museum, and will be invited to VIP events and donor receptions.
- Retain control of your assets during your lifetime.
- Change your beneficiaries at any time.
- Provide for loved ones and the NMAH.
- Make a gift in honor or memory of someone.
- Leave a gift of any size.
Ways to Give
- Work with your attorney to add a gift in your will or living trust.
- Designate NMAH as beneficiary of a percentage of your retirement plan, savings or brokerage account, or life insurance policy.
- Make a donation of cash or securities to benefit NMAH through a simple exchange for fixed payments for life.
We would be happy to illustrate how your gift makes an impact at the Museum. Simply contact Stephanie Johnson at JohnsonSt@si.edu or (202) 633-0398.