Legacy Society for Donors to the National Museum of African American History & Culture
Once you inform us about your planned gift, we will welcome you to the Smithsonian Legacy Society. You will also become a member of the NMAAHC's Harriet Tubman Legacy Society where you will enjoy a lifelong relationship with the Museum. (If you have already included NMAAHC in your will or future plans, please notify us so that we can welcome you.)
Society Member Benefits, (some of which are based on levels of support):
- You will receive invitations to special openings, film screenings, special museum visits, museum-related tours and trips, and to behind-the-scenes activities.
- We will invite you to special donor receptions and events, such as the Smithsonian’s annual Legacy Society events.
- You will be connected with others who share your commitment to the future of NMAAHC, and who are interested in learning about the Museum’s important work and newest endeavors.
- You will be among the first to learn about new exhibitions and programs.
- Your gift will be listed in the Smithsonian Annual Report, on Honor Rolls, or you may choose to remain anonymous.
We would be happy to illustrate how your gift makes an impact at NMAAHC.
Simply contact: Dr. Cynthia Jacobs Carter NMAAHC Director of Gift Planning (202) 633-1110 NMAAHCLegacy@si.edu
A Gift to Honor Our History and Ancestors
The Lawsons are committed to the historical significance of the Museum, and its many stories as told by African Americans that reflect the struggles, triumphs, and contributions to America and the world. They recently completed bequest and beneficiary designation gifts and have included their sons, Michael A. Lawson, Jr. and Jonathan Scott Lawson, in their philanthropy.
“We made a gift to the Museum to honor our rich history, culture, and ancestors. Now, our history can be shared with the world. To our ancestors, whom we owe a huge debt, our gift honors their rich legacy of survival, perseverance, and faith.”
—Mattie McFadden-Lawson and Ambassador Michael A. Lawson
We would love to welcome you to the Legacy Society. Your gift can change the future of the Museum.Count Me In!